1. All parties bidding at the sale shall be held to have informed themselves as to the regulating conditions, and shall, by signing the bidding card, accept all conditions pertaining to the sale as posted in the auction room, as printed on the bidding card, and as set out in the catalogue.
2. The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and shall control the bidding at all times and in all cases of dispute the Auctioneer's decision will be final.
3. Terms are cash or equivalent on the sale day and nothing is to be removed until paid for. Items purchased through absentee bids, internet absentee bids, telephone bids or any other means of 'proxy' bidding will be invoiced immediately after the auction and charged to the credit card information on file at the time of registering the bid.
4. All items are sold on an as-is-where-is basis and no guarantee expressed or implied is given as to their condition or suitability for any purpose, and lie at the purchaser's risk immediately.
5. All parties bidding at the sale shall be held to have informed themselves as to the condition, identity, and authenticity of lots, and shall not be entitled to make any objections after the sale on any grounds whatsoever. Any representation in statement by Hall's Auction Services Ltd. in any catalogue, as to authorship, attribution, genuineness, origin, age, date, provenance, condition, or estimated selling price, is a statement of opinion only.
6. Unless with prior agreement from the Auctioneer himself, all lots are to be removed from the premises immediately after the sale. All lots not removed immediately after the sale will be resold either by public auction or private treaty or sale, and without any further notice, either verbal, or in writing to the purchaser, who shall make good any deficiencies or commission arising thereon. LOTS PURCHASED BUT NOT PICKED UP WITHIN THREE DAYS OF THE AUCTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO STORAGE CHARGES OF $5 PER ITEM PER DAY WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
7. All lots are sold as shown, with all faults, imperfections, and errors of description. Neither Hall's Auction Services Ltd. nor the seller are responsible for errors of descriptions or for genuineness of authenticity or any faults or defect in it, however caused.
8. All matters of dispute must be immediately submitted to the Auctioneer, whose decision in all cases is final.
9. The above conditions and notices, descriptions, statements, and other matters in the catalogue and elsewhere concerning any lot are subject to any statement modifying or affecting the same made by the Auctioneer from the rostrum prior to any bid being accepted for the lot.
10. The fall of the hammer/gavel will signify the acceptance of a contract with Hall's Auction Services Ltd., selling as agent for the seller.
11. Neither the seller nor any employee of Hall's Auction Services Ltd. have any authority to make representation or warranty regarding specific lot(s) or the conduct or execution of the auction.
12. On no account is a consignor of goods to Hall's Auction Services Ltd. allowed to bid on his or her own merchandise.
13. Some of the consigned goods may have a reserve at a price below which the Auctioneer will not sell, although on occasions the bidding may start below this reserve. The Auctioneer may execute bids on behalf of the consignor to protect the reserve, if applicable. The Auctioneer, at his discretion, may not sell consignments on unreserved items, if, in his judgment, the highest offer is at a level that could be considered injurious to the consignor.
14. As of September 1, 2013 all lots are subject to a 17% BUYER'S PREMIUM on the bid price. Should buyers wish to settle their accounts by Interac, Cash or Certified Cheque our buyer's premium will be discounted to 15%.
15. ALL LOTS ARE SUBJECT TO GST ON THE HAMMER PRICE AND BUYER'S PREMIUM UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED OTHERWISE.