1. There is no Buyer's Premium at this auction.
2. Goods and Services Tax of 5% will be charged on the hammer price on all lots. H.S.T. in rates applicable to the purchasing province will apply unless the purchaser takes legal possession of purchases within Alberta. If a purchaser from an HST eligible province arranges their own shipping then the legal delivery is deemed to have occurred within Alberta and only GST shall apply.
3. Although the Calgary Stampede Art Auction / Hodgins Art Auctions Ltd. / Hall's Auction Services Ltd. takes great care and diligence in cataloguing of lots offered for auction, all property is sold 'as is' and neither we nor the artists/consignors make any warranties or representations as to the correctness of the catalogue entry or other descriptions contained therein, of the physical condition, size, authenticity, or quality. Prospective bidders should inspect the property before bidding to determine the condition, size, and whether the purchaser acquires any reproduction rights in the property. All photographic representations and other illustrations presented are solely for guidance and are not to be relied upon in terms of tone or colour or necessarily to reveal any imperfections in the lot.
4. We reserve the right to withdraw any property before sale.
5. Unless otherwise announced by the auctioneer, all bids are per lot as numbered in the catalogue.
6. The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse admission to the sale or to refuse to recognize any or all bids from any particular person or persons at any auction. If the auctioneer decides that any opening bid is below the value of the lot offered, he may reject the same and withdraw the lot from sale, and if, having acknowledged an opening bid, he decides that any advance thereafter is insufficient, he may reject the advance.
7. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the purchaser. In the event of a dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt on our part as to the validity of any bid, the auctioneer will have the final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to reoffer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, our sales record is conclusive.
8. On the fall of the auctioneer's hammer, title to the offered lot will pass to the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer, subject to the conditions set forth herein, and such bidder thereupon (a) assumes full risk and responsibility therefor, (b) will thereupon pay the full purchase price therefore or such part as we may require. Payment in full must be made on the day of the sale by cash, certifiable cheque, Mastercard, or bank draft, unless other arrangements have been made with the auctioneer.
9. Persons attending the previews and sales, or during removal of goods, assume all risks to person and property and specifically releases the Calgary Stampede Art Auction / Hodgins Art Auctions Ltd. / Hall's Auction Services Ltd. from liability.
10. This agreement comprises the entirety of the contract between the Calgary Stampede Art Auction / Hodgins Art Auctions Ltd. / Hall's Auction Services Ltd. and the buyer. This agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta. In the event of a dispute hereunder, the Buyer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the provincial courts and the federal courts sitting in the Province of Alberta.